Weekly Insurance Round-up Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Hello there! 👋
We're back with the next edition of Beshak's Weekly News Round-up - an analysis of all Insurance News & Updates, straight from our research desk! Don't forget to share your feedback with us, and give us a thumbs up if you find this helpful!
Let's get started! 🚀
- As per a circular issued by IRDAI on 28th March 2022, all general and standalone health insurance companies can continue selling the two Covid specific policies - Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak till September 30, 2022.
- Corona Kavach and Corona Rakhsak were introduced in June 2020 after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Insurers had a deadline to sell both these policies till 31st March 2021 which was further extended to 30th September 2021, owing to the second wave of the pandemic.
- Looking at the current situation, IRDAI has decided to extend the dates to 30th September 2022.
Source: The Economic Times
- MobiKwik has partnered with Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd and SBI Life Insurance to provide third-party and comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plans.
- Customers just have to enter their vehicle numbers to purchase the two-wheeler insurance from MobiKwik.
- The product will be available with add-ons like zero-depreciation, personal accident, and 24/7 roadside assistance.
- MobiKwik users can also check all their policies in one place on the app under the ‘My Policy Section’. They can also use MobiKwik Zip, Buy Now Pay Later service to pay the insurance premium.
- With this collaboration, MobiKwik will strengthen its vision of becoming a one-stop solution for all financial needs. They also plan to introduce various new products in the future.
- MobiKwik is a mobile wallet and Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) fintech company founded in 2009.
- In an extended series C equity fund round, GOQii raised $10 million from Animoca Brands.
- GOQii aims to launch a health metaverse. The collaboration with Animoca Brands will help the company develop various offerings that leverage blockchain tokens and gamification in preventive healthcare.
- The metaverse aims to drive innovation within the healthcare industry as the company is willing to address complex challenges of healthcare accessibility and affordability.
- Animoca Brand has a portfolio of more than 170 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralised projects contributing to building an open metaverse.
Source: Express Healthcare
We need your feedback 🙏
Love it? Hit the 'It's perfect' button below! Have a suggestion to improve our content? Please leave us a comment. We absolutely appreciate it!
Be the first to get this weekly news analysis, on your phone. Join the exclusive Telegram Channel for Financial Advisors 👉 t.me/beshakforadvisors
We are a group of young members of the Beshak community. We come together to brainstorm, write relevant and useful content for people (just like us) who want to figure insurance on their own. If you too want to share inputs/write for us - send us a "hey" to firstname.lastname@example.org