COMMUNITY FORUM: CREDIBLE INDUSTRY EXPERTS ANSWER YOUR INSURANCE QUERIES
Curated, unbiased answers to your insurance questions. Powered by experts. Powered by you (+ 20K members)
- Sort by Popularity
I am self quarantining myself at home post detection of COVID19 and not getting admitted to the hospital. Will I still be paid by Corona Rakshak?
I have bought max bupa health reassure family floater plan with SI of 10 lac with the safegaurd addon for me and wife ( age 31 and 28)
Also I have a super top up(health re charge ) of 90 lacs with deductible of 10 lacs.
My Questions are as below.
- First and most important question is how is the plan and the SI that i have taken?What are your views on that ??
- Second,The super top up has a room rent cap of single room (this was what the corporate agent said that it is a ac room with attached bathroom of the lowest value).I was okay with this configuration. What do you think about this limitation? Can a person be comfortable in such room.
- The main burning question.Looking at the covid situation,the oxygen cylind prices have skyrockted .Will this oxygen cylinder cost be covered under this policy?
- Last question is that i hope covid hospitilisation is covered under this policy and if the waiting period is 15 days??
I have a free look period going on .
So if get answers to above question.It will be really helpful :)
Covid Rakshak and Kavach are launched on 10Jul20. Any data that shows how these have been received? which company has honored its service commitment on both these policies? Pros and Cons?
I have provided the RT_PCR Test report from authorized lab. However the insurance company requesting Covid report in ICMR format. what to do if lab is unable to provide. ICMR ID and SRF ID both shared with Insurance company. It a diagnosis cover and insurance company delaying it with one document or other.
My mother got covid infected on 12.05.21. Her ct score is CORAD 5 and 5/20.
After consultation of doctor I got admitted in the hospital. Luckily I got bed in this pandemic scenario.
Her age is 58 years. Company decline my hospitalization charge saying that the lings got only 20 percent infected. And home isolation required not a hospitalization.
Please guide me what i will do.
Sir i had claim but they did wrong deduction saying o2,consultation are included in room rent whereas its clearly mentioned in hospital final bill that it was charged separately. Kindly help how can i proceed further.and it is corona kavach policy where no roon rent limit
Claim amount - 187734
Payable amount – 104000/-
· Deduction – 83742 /- spirometer 703, easy fix 49, MRD 500, oxygen , consultation, consumable charges are part of room rent 41000/- , covifor 2450, 1000 lab test part of room rent , imicrit injection no indication 29032
And even after calculating deduction there was total mistake of around 10000
I have HDFC Ergo health suraksha policy (Rs 5 L, individual) and I am tested +ve for Covid-19 yesterday. As I dont have any major symptoms, I am advised for home isolation and getting treated by my family physician. I inquired to the insurer to admit such claim but they said Home Isolation amendment was until 30/09/20. Isn't this bad as now so many new cases are there everyday and we really dont have that much medical infra to tackle!!
Thankfully, I am also covered through my employers group mediclaim (Bajaj Allianze) and they will pass upto 20k claim amount. I also bought Reliance GIC Covid policy (bought in May20, after reading Mahavir sir thread on Twitter) which will pay Rs 1 Lac flat upfront so I am safe. Experts comment. (P.S. - I am also IRDA qualified agent.)
hi i and my son tested covid positive on 5 th oct 20%2C i was home qurantined and my son hospitiled and discharged o 14 oct . now can i have health insurance policy for both of us
Hi, I was trying to buy Corona Kavach policy through several online portals but could not do so. A representative of one such portal communicated that insurance companies had stopped offering these two policies. But I could any find any reliable source confirming this news.
Is it true that companies have stopped offering Corona Kavach & Rakshak? If not, which providers are selling them online?