COMMUNITY FORUM: CREDIBLE INDUSTRY EXPERTS ANSWER YOUR INSURANCE QUERIES
Curated, unbiased answers to your insurance questions. Powered by experts. Powered by you (+ 3K members)
Does hand fracture plaster done by hospital is covered by health insurance if yes will it get covered under daycare procedure.
I am a 29 year old male and looking for a health insurance policy.
I applied for HDFC ergo optima restore policy which was rejected on reasons not provided.
I did mention about my previous medical history and existing one which are as follows:
- Hospitalized for a ACL(ligament surgery) in 2017. Gave them the discharge summary
- Had a single episode of seizure attack in 2012, been seizure free for 9 years and off medication since Sep'21.
- Currently only on medication for Hypothyroidism.
Please advise me how to move forward and is there any way around
Hi . I am studying insurance. I have 2 questions. Can someone please reply ? It's about general Insurance CII
1. A claim was settled by an insurance company but after paying the claim the insurance company came to know that the policyholder got that claim fraudulently. In this case what action will the insurance company take or is it too late to do anything as the claim is already paid?
2. A broker collected premiums from policyholder but didn't pay them to the insurance company and now the broker is in debt and liquidated. In this case what will happen to the policyholder? Will the insurance company give discount on premium to the policyholder or will cancel the policy or will the policy still be in force?and what action will the company take against the broker?
Hi, I want to buy a cashless medical insurance policy for my father in law aged 55 years for himself, his wife and a son aged 18 years, please suggest best policy, they live in small town
Sir,I currently have a Family floater Health insurance from HDFC Ergo with coverage of 15 lakhs with auto restore of 10 lakhs extra (earlier Apollo Munich Optima ) . I am continuing this for the past 4 years. Should I continue or switch to another company ? My requirements good coverage of cities in Hyderabad , Bangalore. We are a family of 3 . Myself aged 38, wife 35 and kid 5. Thankfully, there have been no claims till now , since inception.
While I'm searching for Health insurance for my parents, I came through comprehensive floating policy for 5.5 Lakhs for family. Earlier I thought to get policy for my father and mother only with 5 lakhs cover in reload method but after I changed my thought. Star health or Manipal Cigna Prohealth they providing comprehensive family policy, premium out of my budget nearly 37k does I can go for Individual policy or family policy. Already my sister has health insurance policy with 4lakh from her company whether we can leave her.
I am 40 years old and working in a govt PSU . My company covers the health insurance requirements of my and my family. I will be requiring health insurance only after retirement. Should i take a health insurance policy post retirment or a now itself. There will be no claims till the age of 60 years.
I have employer policy for 2A+1C, and a super top up of 5+95. But sill in dilemma about when to take a base policy? I am 43 and no health issues for now. Confused out of below options:
- Should I take base policy now, as health is favorable.
- Should I take base policy 5-6 years before my planned retirement age
- Should I build a corpus for deductible in my super topup policy and never take a baase policy (considering the value of 5L deductible will fall downwards due to inflation in 10-12 yrs) and I might not need a base policy at all.
I'm planning to take health insurance for my father and mother. My father has blood pressure since last year and Royal Sundaram I was on mind.They connect of hospital network seems low. I need some suggestions about this one and overall sum assured like to be 5 lakh