COMMUNITY FORUM: CREDIBLE INDUSTRY EXPERTS ANSWER YOUR INSURANCE QUERIES
Curated, unbiased answers to your insurance questions. Powered by experts. Powered by you (+ 20K members)
I am planning to cover my parents (56 & 49) with a health insurance plan (I know am bit late). I had few queries.
- Should I go for HDFC Ergo Optima Restore vs HDFC Ergo Optima Secure?
- Should I include myself in the Family Floater plan - am 24? Or should I get one individually for myself.
- What is the recommended amount of family floater coverage I should take - 5L or 10L? (I know it is different for different family - but generally asking)
Will appreciate any responses regarding my situation for taking medical/health insurance. Or more advice regarding it.
I was looking to purchase acko 1cr family insurance. But my mother was under going treatment with Rheumatology arthritis and some lungs issue due to Rheumatology arthritis. And my father has sugar and diabetes. But fully recovered, thanks to yoga. And I am perfectly fine. Is it wise decision to move on with acko and 1cr family insurance?
Or any insurance with zero waiting period like acko
I have recently been pitched above the above two plans for my parents (56M, 49F with PED - diabetes). Both of them are feature rich, particularly the Supreme Plan while the prices are pretty competitive and seems low given Reassure just spiked its new premiums. However, I am concerned with a few things below, opinion on which would be highly appreciated from the community.
- While Reassure comes with PED and non-consumables rider, Supreme mentions having similar ones in brochure/wording but doesn't offer them actually. Are they allowed to do so and why mention something when in real you don't offer it at all?
- For someone with PED, how does the insurer actually decide if to accept the claim or not? Would the PED waiver/reduction rider be utmost important then when the waiting period is 4 years?
- Supreme has a feature where you can increase your total sum insured (base+bonus) to 6 times the base (adding the no claim bonus) in 5 years by taking a cumulative bonus super rider. With various future implications, would it be advised to take a low base and the rider or stick to a high base?
- Other things constant, Care' plan looks cheap when compared to Reassure. While this may be a market acquiring strategy amongst others, how is the experience by an advisor/claimant wrt Care's claim support and experience?
- How often is the premium revision and feature addition/deletion amongst insurance firms? Would it be advisable to go for multi year plans whilst being comparatively economical?
Got a quote from Star Insurance of ₹40462 for 10 lakh cover. 😩 Currently have a policy worth ₹3 lakhs which I believe is too less considering the medical expenses in the country
Hi Sir/Maam ,
If I wan to buy Heath base policy and super topup from different company then how does claim process work ?
I am confused because both companies will require original documents .
My father had angioplasty 8 years back when he was not covered under any insurance policy. Bajaj Allianz clearly refused to offer any policy. What are my options? Please help. Thanks
My father has a cover of INR 5,00,000 from United India and he went through a bypass surgery on 2019. We are fed up of both the agent and company. Agent does not provide any service and this company only gives INR 3,50,000 as claims because of a clause. How can I port my policy to another Insurance provider and also get a higher cover as my dad had recovered completely. He has pre-existing disease of diabetes and bp. Also he has managed to get the care heart topup policy from Religare with a cover amount of INR 10,00,000. After two years they also also cover pre-existing diseases. My main concern is porting from United India to a better company.
My parents took insurance from Star health last year. It's for PNB customer's. We had new India insurance from PNB earlier, till they decided to discontinue.
My mom got hospitalized twice this year and Star health rejected her claim both times saying hospitalization was not required.
I have reached out to GRO and their call centre. They are not responding.
I even sent an email to IRDA.
What else can I do?
My father is govt pernsioner and he had 2 lak policy . i took policy for him from 2 insurances for 5 lak each ..do I need to take any super top up?
My parents are aged 52 & 50, as of now they do not have a health or term insurance. My questions for them are as below
- Do they need a term life insurance at this stage?
- What sort of health insurance are suggested for them? (No known pre-existing diseases)
- What are key factors I should consider while buying health insurance for them?