Dilemma of pre-existing condition disclosure w.r.t. health insurance porting
I am a 36 year old fit male with no disease history (except: COVID; dengue - and minor HbA1c + major triglyceride increase once around dengue recovery; all in 2022).
In 2022 Sep I had dengue and 7-8 days after discharge I booked a Thyrocare test in mid Sep 2022 (and showed this to a doctor) and then another follow up test in mid Nov 2022:
- Mid Sep 2022: HbA1c was 6.1 (ABG 128) → mid Nov 2022: HbA1c was 5.6 (ABG 114) (**without any medicines ever**)
- Mid Sep 2022: Triglyceride was 504 → mid Nov 2022: Triglyceride was 65 (**doctor had prescribed a tablet for ~1 months**)
Current health insurance:
- I have a Niva Bupa reAssure policy (old reAssure; not "reAssure 2.0"). Up for renewal in 7-8 days time (Sep first week).
- It was ported from a Care policy in 2020. That Religare policy has started in 2013.
- So I have a total 10 years of uninterrupted medical insurance (with no claim history ever).
I want to port this policy to something better - Care Supreme and HDFC Ergo Optima reStore (with "unlimited restore" add-on) are my top choices. If Niva would have migrated me to "reAssure 2.0" I might have stayed, but apparently they are not doing that.
My question/dilemma is about:
- How do I treat this medical information of sugar and Triglyceride spike once last year? Are these to be called "diabetes" and "heart disease"? Because these are not persistent so what should I call it? Or is there a way to just add it as comments in porting application or new application?
- I asked a doctor friend and he said this is something you can ignore because it is not a chronic condition. But I am not really sure about that.
- Is there any set guideline on this scenario when there is an one off medical test parameter which is high and then it's fine? Or it's open to interpretation?
- Should I just renew my Niva Bupa reAssure policy for the time being (i.e for next one year) and try to get these conditions endorsed/recorded on Niva Bupa's records so that when I port later it will automatically be in history?
- What will Niva Bupa will enter it as? They will enter the information I provide or they will just write it as "diabetes" and "heart disease"?
**Basically what should I do right now - with these medical disclosures and a policy coming up for renewal in 7-8 days time?*