Finalising between Aditya Birla and ICICI Lombard for Senior Citizens
I was looking for health insurance for my parents.
- Father: 69 years old and has diagnosed with Hypertension.
- Mother: 58 years old and has diabetes
Both are doing fine and never hospitalised in last 5 years.
After researching a bit I believe I should go with either Aditya Birla Activ Health: Platinum Enhanced or ICICI Lombard. Though I need your help in deciding which one would be better.
- Should I opt for Super Top Up plan for my mother in ICICI Lombard or should I go with Aditya Birla?
- When should one go for Super Top Up? I can pay premium but it doesn't mean I should, right?
- Should we even consider OPD cover when buying insurance. Seems like these plans are focused mainly on hospitalisation?
- Aditya Birla offers minimum reimbursements on Chronic conditions lab test (Diabetes, Hypertension etc.)
- Agent said that Aditya Birla covers Hypertension and Diabetes after 30 days of policy. Still I'm not convinced. Please help here, what is waiting period for Hypertension and Diabetes under Activ Health: Platinum Enhanced?
- Shall I go for Agent or directly buy policy? Which one would be better? My parents will usually be in Bangalore or their native place.
Let me know if there is better alternative in market apart from these 2 policy.