increase SI or port Iffco tokio family health
I have a family floater health insurance plan where my father (50) is the primary. It includes my mother (46), sister (21) and myself(27). The insurance policy is Iffco tokio family health protector.
My father was recently diagnosed with diabetes. The policy has been continuing for >7 years now. The SI is 4L and the bonus is 1.45L right now.
I have a few questions:
- What will be a good SI coverage given the diagnosis of my father?
- If I want to increase my SI, do I have to inform the insurer of diabetes diagnosis even if the policy was already running? Does this information increase the SI?
- Are there any medical coverages that are needed in old age and the policy doesn't cover? The policy mentions what it covers but I don't know what coverage is missing that I should be aware of.
- Does it make sense for me or my sister to take our own health insurance plans? The reduction of premium for both of us will be in the range of 7000.
- If you recommend any other policy over this one, how do I port? And will there be a waiting period if I port given continuous coverage of the current policy?
Thank you the help! You have my gratitude.