Individual Super Top up for family members
I have a family floater health insurance policy of 5L that covers me, my husband, and 2 kids.
I now want to enhance the family's cover by taking individual super top ups of 1 cr for each of us, each with a 5L deductible.
My plan is -
- For my son(age 7) I will have to go with Tata AIG, as they are the only ones offering stand alone medical insurance for a child above 5 years age.
- 1 policy for 1 cr for my husband
- 1 policy for 1 cr for me and my daughter (age 2). Once she reaches 5 yrs of age, I will move her to an individual policy like my son.
I have 2 questions here -
- Are there any pitfalls with my planning here? assume that in worst case scenario, if all family members require medical attention in the same year, we have the capability of covering the 5L deductible amount to avail the super top up amount for all of us.
- Is there any benefit in taking the individual policies for me and my husband from the same provider as my son (TATA AIG)? Or does it make more sense to go for different providers to spread out the risk?