No progress on complaint made to the Insurance Ombudsman
28 Mar, 2022 by A P K
On 10-Feb-2022, I raised a complaint with the Insurance Ombudsman online at https://www.cioins.co.in/ but there has been no progress whatsoever. I also called the Hyderabad's Office of the Insurance Ombudsman but they were unable to trace the complaint and asked me to share the policy no. and other details on email. I mailed them the details last week but there is no response from them. It is frustrating when the Office of the Ombudsman doesn't respond after a already long struggle with the insurer.
There is laid out process of compliant registration with ombudsman . Ombudsmsn is very respectable system which must have helped millions.
Steps to be followed.
1. First complaint to insurance company and wait for 15 days .
2. Follow the escalation matrix of insurance compsny .
3. Once you have record of correspondence then you escalate case to ombudsman on mail or by visiting .
4. After doing initial investigation with insurance company , ombudsman send you two forms to be filled and resent to ombudsman.
5. Ombudsmsn call for hearing where you get 5 minutes to represent case . Thrre will be a company officer who will counter. Mostly ombudsman send avdecision within 30 days .
Hope this clarifies, they are quite professional and decide on case merits.