Question on HDFC Optima Secure
12 Apr, 2022 by Aditya B
The policy wordings available on the website are quite confusing. For example,
- Some places specifically mention about covering ailments such as Fibroids, Hernia and so on after a waiting period of 24 months while found the same information under exclusions as well.
- When it comes to the Secure, Plus, Protect and Restore Benefits as mentioned in the official wordings:
- Secure Benefit: Does the benefit really double from day 1? Say for example, if I buy a 25 L family floater policy, do I get covered for 50 L from day 1? Can this benefit be used for any number of times in a single policy year if need be?
- Plus Benefit: If I do manage to have 2 claim free years by god's grace, does the coverage really become 4x in 2 years which would effectively be a 1 cr cover in 2 claim free years. Is that true and correct?
- Protect Benefit: As mentioned in the official wordings, are all non-medical expenses such as recovery kits, delivery kits, support devices such as braces, PPE kits, masks covered under this policy?
- Restore Benefit: In case there is a claim of 25 L in the first year itself and the complete cover is utilized, does it really provide additional 25 L benefit at no additional cost in the same year?
- Are there any specific limitations on the room rent for this policy?
- Does it really provide a free health checkup regardless of claims every year in its network diagnostic centers?
- Can we buy this policy online completely from the company website and can the claim settlement happen online as well completely?
Experts, please guide with the specific answers for all the questions.