Renewal Policy- Increase SI and change policy HDFC ego my: health Suraksha Policy vs optima secur
I am having below HDFC ergo Health insurance plan Base + superTopup. staying in Hyderabad.
- HDFC ergo my: health Suraksha Policy: Silver-Family Floater for 5Lacks premium of 18,075/-
(40y,35y,4y) _ NCB is 1.5L added for the past 3 yrs.
- HDFC ergo my: health Medisure Super Top Up Insurance-floater - for 15 Lacks for a premium of 4154/-
- company corporate policy - 4L
Plans are due for renewal in 15 days.. the total cover is 5+1.5+4+15
I have queries on renewal and increasing premiums.
1) Are these plans and SI sufficient? or should I increase the base policy to a higher premium of 10L?
if the increase is required, there are other options from HDFC ergo like optima restore, and optima secure.
should I consider increasing the same within My: health Suraksha or go with optima secure?
more or less, all have similar features.are there any major differences between these two policies which should be considered.
for 10 L floater - premium as below.
- My:health Suraksha - 26,309
- Optima restore - 28,718
- Optima secure - 28,983
2) During renewal, as plans within the same company also considered Porting?
does it consider as new policy? the earlier plan has 1.5 L NCB. does NCB also carry forward?
3) I have one hospitalization claim - chronic rhinosinusitis last year, if opting for increasing premium, is this hospitalization considered to change the premium of both existing policies renewal and/or increase of SI premium during the next renewal?
is this surgery need to report to other policies - super top-up plan?
3) My: health Suraksha with 10 L (26,309) vs optima secure with 5 L (23,098)
as optima secure says.. from day one, is double cover allowed. does it stays forever.. can be changed at any time?
- is it better with Optima secure with 5L? As it is giving the same 10L benefit with double cover from day 1. or double cover can go any time? should opt always base as 10L itself.
- As I have a top-up of 15L with a 5L deductible, is it better to stick to 5L itself with optima secure or My: health Suraksha?
I am unable to decide -
- should I increase the base plan premium or not.?
- if so, should I use the same policy(My: health Suraksha) with the high cover or go with the better option which has more premium (optimaSecure)?
Please help me in clarifying my queries and avoid confusion. Thank you Beshak Team,