Which Health Insurance should i buy and where should i buy from ?
I am in need of your recommendations and views for health insurance for me and my family. So hdfc optima restore/secure and max bupa health reassure are the two plans that was recommended to me by offline & online agents.
Father's age : 57. ( He is diabetic and takes medication for the same and BP too.)
Mother's age : 47. (No PED)
Brother's age : 21. (No PED)
My age : 25. (No PED)
- Which health insurance company and plan would be the best and economical?
- Should I take individual or family floater ? ( Max bupa plan has capped max age to 30 and not 25. )
- Where should i buy from ? Offline or Aggregators or Direct. ( Policy bazaar and max bupa online rep promised to waive off loading charges. This sounded scammy and made me confused if i could trust them and buy online.)
- I live in a tier 3 city. Is 10 lacs SI enough ?
- Should i buy the rider which also covers for consumables? is it worth the extra premium?
- Is there any diff/disadvangtes between paying the premiun upfront for a year vs monthly emi?
Some details i would like to share :
We dont have any exisiting health cover.
I would prefer a company which has an easy claim process and wont create problems if unfortunately i ever need it.
Also willing to wait for 3/4 years for PED cover.
I would also like to thank the creators and contributors of this amazing forum. I have had so much of knowledge from here enabling me to take better decisions for me and family. Thank y'all.