It is an additional cover for accidental death that can be opted on payment of additional premium. The insurer pays an additional payout, many times equal to the base sum assured in case of accidental death.
The conditions for the cover:
- The definition of an accident is sudden, unforeseen, and involuntary events caused by external, violent, visible means. (SUVIVE)
- If the person covered under the plan is involved in an accident which results in death within 180 days of the date of the accident.
This rider usually can be opted on the policy anniversary on the following conditions:
- The policy is in still in its premium payment term
- The policy term remaining is more than 5 years.
- The person covered is less than 70 years old.
- Death under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Air accident where the person covered is engaged in professional activities/duties on board
- Taking part in riots, rebellion
- Taking part in adventure sports including hunting, mountaineering, paragliding, etc.
- A person covered, breaching law with criminal intent.
- Employment in the armed forces of any country at war.
- Police duty